Firestarters are conversations involving nine fast growing Baptist churches, with each event offering 24 hours to ‘learn, expect and act’.
Firestarters are not conferences with a perceived expert keynoting, as useful as that is. Nor are they retreats with guided self-reflection, as vital as that is. They are conversations hosted by some of these churches experiencing this surprising growth. Two took place in 2017, which saw some ‘jaw-dropping outcomes from talking, praying and inspiring together’.
‘We are hungry for more,’ continues Alex Harris of the Beacon, Stafford, ‘and hope you will come and be part of the journey.’
They would work excellently for:
- Ministers coming along to be inspired, challenged and re-invigorated in what God might do with their leadership.
- Staff and/or leadership teams, especially of lay people and volunteer leaders, to spend 24 hours together with the expectation of fresh energy and renewed vigour.
- To bring emerging leaders to for an early experience of churches that are growing fast.
There are only five in 2018 and numbers are limited. £25 per person is all meals, materials and resources [overnight accommodation not included] and conferences start at 10.30am on day 1 and end 4pm on day 2.
- June 14-15 in Coventry – FULL
- July 9-10 in Blaby, Leicestershire
- September 19-20 in Stafford
- October 2-3 in Shinfield, Reading
- October 22-23 in Sheffield