Good News for Listed Church Buildings
ACAT has contacted us at WEBA about an important government grant scheme for Churches that has just been launched to help repair the roofs of listed places of worship. If you are eligible you will need to act quickly as the closing date for applications is 12pm (noon) Friday 30 January 2015.
Grants are available from £10,000 to £100,000 to help meet the costs of urgent repairs to roofs (e.g. coverings, timbers, ceilings and vaults) and rainwater disposal systems (e.g. gutters, valleys, hoppers, downpipes, gullies, drains and soakaways).
If you think your church could qualify for this grant, then please visit the website for the fund:
http://www.lpowroof.org.uk/ as soon as possible to start the application process.
There is only one opportunity to apply.
This is a government-sponsored fund set up to help make the UK’s listed places of worship weathertight, safe and open for use. It is administered by the National Heritage Memorial Fund on behalf of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
The eligibility requirements are:
- Place of worship must be listed and used solely or mainly as a place of worship
- Your organisation must be responsible for maintaining the place of worship
- The project must be for the repairs to the roof and/or rainwater disposal systems
- The repair work must have been identified in a recent professional report as being necessary within the next five years.
- Your organisation must NOT have received a previous repair grant from English Heritage, Historic Scotland, Cadw, the Northern Ireland Environment Agency, the Heritage Lottery Fund and/or other Lottery distributor that is still in delivery.